Disk and File Operation
Third Party Utilities
- Is it possible to snapshot the RAM: icon?
- Why won't programs without icons start from Workbench when I double-click them? [fixed in OS 3.9 SE CD, BB1]
||Is it possible to snapshot the RAM: icon?
Heinz Wrobel confirmed that OS 3.9 does not support soft-links. However, there are two third-party commands that work; simply copy a MakeLink command from one of the archives below into C: (overwriting the standard MakeLink command if necessary):
Then follow these steps:
- Rename your preferred RAM disk icon as "def_ram.info" and copy it to ENVARC:Sys/.
- Put the following line in your S:User-startup file:
C:MakeLink RAM:disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info soft
- Save the S:User-startup file, and reboot; your preferred icon will now be used.
[Rolf Max Rotvel]
||Why won't programs without icons start from Workbench when I double-click them? [fixed in OS 3.9 SE CD, BB1]
The ENVARC:Sys/def_tool.info file shipped with its icon type set to "project" instead of "tool". Here's how to correct it:
- Run the SYS:Prefs/DefIcons prefs editor.
- Search for "tool" in the list gadget, and double-click the entry.
- In the Workbench Information window that pops up, select "Tool" from the "Type" menu, and click "Save".
- Click "Save" in the DefIcons Prefs editor, and the change is complete.