A showcase of visual comedy
There are at least thirteen countries that The Orchestra has been confirmed broadcast in (listed in alphabetical order):
- Argentina: Broadcast years were 1986/1987 (exact dates and times unknown).
- Australia: Aired sometime between 1986 and 1988 on channel SBS (exact dates and times unknown).
- Austria: ORF, the only TV station in Austria at the time, aired all ten episodes on channel FS 1. Broadcast year(s) were probably 1986/1987 (exact dates and times unknown).
- Belgium: Broadcast years were 1986-1988 on the National Belgian Dutch Television (BRT).
- Chile: Aired sometime in 1987 on Universidad de Chile Channel (at that time known as "Teleonce"), at 11:00 p.m. every Friday. The schedule was: 9:30 p.m. "The Benny Hill Show"; 10:00 p.m. "Three's Company"; and 11:00 p.m. "The Orchestra". That channel is now called "Chilevisión". Considering there were only 10 episodes, fan Marcelo Cid is almost sure they aired the complete series.
- Colombia: Nine of the ten episodes were aired on either "Cadena Uno" or "Cadena 2" (no longer in business) in 1986 (exact dates unknown) on Saturday mornings at about 10:30 a.m. The broadcast order was as follows:
Finland: Finnish broadcasting company "YLE" aired The Orchestra sometime in the mid/late 80s.
Germany/Switzerland: German TV (ARD/ZDF) first aired nine of the 10 episodes from February 3rd, 1986 to 1988 (for some reason "Dance of the Hours" was excluded).
Israel: Fan Uzi Rubin shared that at least several episodes of The Orchestra were aired on what is now Channel One sometime in 1986/1987 (exact dates and times unknown). Fan Tal Moshe shares that episodes were broadcast via the IBA (Israel Broadcast Authority) channel in 1985.
Portugal: At least one episode, "The Genius", was aired in 1990 according to fan Jorgen Lund-Nielsen.
South Africa: The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) aired the full 10 episodes sometime in 1986 (exact dates and times unknown).
The Netherlands: The Dutch television network "Skychannel" definitely aired The Orchestra (exact dates and times unknown) as one Dutch fan said that "in those days, receiving any other channels was still out of the question."
United Kingdom: Channel 4 aired the full 10 episodes on Thursdays at 9 p.m. and Saturdays at approx. 8:30 p.m. The broadcast order was as follows:
- Safari Symphony
- Concert for Brass, Bombs & Blowpipes!
- Dance of the Hours!
- The Genius
- Viva II
- Unwelcome Guest
- Photo Finish
- Dance of the Hours ... May 22, 1986
- Safari Symphony ... May 29, 1986
- Concert for Brass, Bombs & Blow Pipes! ... Jun. 5, 1986
- Unwelcome Guests ... Jun. 12, 1986
- The Genius ... Jun. 19, 1986
- Prima Donna ... Jul. 4, 1986
- Viva! ... Sept. 27, 1986
- Viva II ... Oct. 4, 1986
- Photo! ... ?
- Photo Finish ... Jan. 10 (or 17th?), 1987