Updated AmigaOS 3.1 WORK IN PROGRESS !!
by Thomas Richter and Olaf Barthel
So what's all new then?
Not so much, but we have...
- Fast file system with native 64-bit support for NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI, long file names and resizable media support and... bug fixes.
- CrossDOS with native 64-bit support for NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI support, long file names and resizable media support and a new mfm.device... with bug fixes.
- Format, DiskCopy and HDToolBox with 64-bit support based on NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI support and... bug fixes.
- C:Mount for large media, direct SCSI support and resizable removable media.
- Working soft links for the ram disk and the Fast File System.
...which are more bug fixes.
- Shell tools with long filename support, softlinks, and large media support... and bug fixes...
- math libraries that reconfigure themselves when an FPU becomes available after loading... did I mention bug fixes?
- A Dir command with nicely-formatted output and guess what: bug fixes.
- Shell with native support for pipes.
- New Workbench that also copies links... and more bug fixes.
- CPU command with 68060 support... and also bug fixes here.
- exec.library that no longer dies on a 68060... and bug fixes...
- SetPatch, without NSDPatch and ROMUpdates (you won't need it anymore).
- intuition with off-screen window dragging.
- Celebrate the retirement of the last piece of BCPL code in AmigaOS:
The Aux-Handler is now completely in C. ...and has bugs fixed.
- Did I mention bug fixes? Here are more:
- Compugraphic fonts: bullet.library
and IntelliFont program.
- diskfont and fixfonts.
- parallel.device and serial.device
- ramlib and ramdrive
- and more.
- and a few good friends could join the party: the V45 layers.library, the V45 execute command, and a V46 Shell.
- Stay tuned for more news! -
- Hyperion Entertainment CVBA -