|Workbench Release 3.0, v39.29 (Kickstart v39.106)
|Release date: 1992
||New ROM (512KB) and software for AGA Amigas only|
|Shipped with: Amiga 1200, 4000 only|
Click here for an .lha-compressed text file list of changes in 3.0
- Support for AGA chip set
- A revised Amiga Early Startup Control (boot menu) with disabling/enabling caches, and added diagnostic features
- Datatypes, MultiView
- Color remapping
- Black-on-white menus
- 3D look added to menu bar (bottom black line)
Visible in this screenshot are:
- The new DOSDrivers (showing PIPE:) and Datatype drawers
- The New-look style scroll bars and arrow gadgets
- The WB3 Palette Preferences, including the new ColorWheel and GradientSlider gadget classes
- The PC1:???? disk icon for the included CrossDOS, indicating an invalid MS-DOS disk
- Background PICTURES, instead of the (rather vile) PATTERNS of WB2
- The multi-talented MultiView, showing an AmigaGuide document, a picture and a sound sample
- The icon for the Intellifont program which manages scalable fonts. This is identical to WB2's Fountain program, although—providing this recollection is correct—one Amiga magazine stated it was better.
- The icons for the new Prefs editors (first added in WB 2.1): Locale, PrinterPS and Sound
- The whole screenshot is also a rather good demonstration of Workbench 3's palette sharing features
|Kickstart Screen||Amiga Early|
|Display Options||Expansion Board|
With less than 16 tasks running, the following message appears in an AutoRequest on the Workbench screen, if "About..." is selected from the "Workbench" menu several times (without closing the existing requesters) while Ctrl, both Alt and both Shift keys are pressed:
|Descriptions and Part Numbers|
|Six (FFS) DS/DD diskettes|
- Bernardo Innocenti reports that on some older OS 3.0 Fonts disks, the Intellifonts files were deleted but still recoverable using the undelete function of most disk repair tools.
- The Trashcan was removed from the Workbench disks.
- ßeta 3.0 (if recalled correctly) used a reduced-gadget Shell window on startup.
- 3.0 ROM Chip Part Numbers for A1200: 391524-01 (ROM 0), 391523-01 (ROM 1).
- 3.0 ROM Chip Part Numbers for A4000: 319513-02 (ROM 1 D0-D15), 319514-02 (ROM 0 D16-D31).